Wednesday 21 January 2015

What a bargain!



I couldn't believe my luck when I won these items the other day from my favourite on-line store... eBay!


The first picture is a timber Buddha wall hanging that is 1200x800 which we want to hang on the large blank wall (outside) near the front door. I'm not too fussed with the colour of it at the moment so no doubts I'll wave my magic wand...aka paint brush, and stain it a little darker.

We've been after something for the entry for sometime now but everything we see is really expensive. I only paid...wait for it...$20 bucks, well $20.50 to be exact (the bid started at $20), what a bargain!

The timber buffet next to it is from the same seller and I bought that for the office...that I'm still in the process of doing up!

It was another bargain at $122.50, and solid as...and look at all that storage! I'll go ape filling this little beauty with all my craft...and office stuff of course!
I love the colour too, dark chocolate perfect for what I want to achieve in the office (bidding started at $75)

The little black leather chair is still yet to be won (finishes today) but I thought I'd show you what I wanted it for and yes again it's for the office as I'll have a spare corner which will be perfect to house it. It's currently still $20 bucks and I won't pay anymore than $50 as it's a little warm on the bum but otherwise it's perfect

The desk was won last Sunday at a bargain of $300 (bidding started at $300) and currently still worth $1000 brand new! It's in perfect nick with no scratches and a leather in-lay and 2 filing drawers....not that master J will need them but they're there if he should one day!

This will be going in the activity room in the alcove already provided. I wanted to just have a slab of timber (floating so to speak) but we couldn't get anything decent and didn't want to pay mega bucks for so this will have to do and besides, it came with it's own leather high back chair and once again...in perfect nick!

We'll be picking the items up on Saturday, so once we put them in place, I'll do another post!

I tell you folks, eBay is the way to go and you can always...always grab a bargain if you know what to look for and do your homework.

My personal tips:
1. Never pay more than what it's truly worth
2. Be patient and don't bid over your head just because you want it.
3. If you miss out the first time....there's always something else that'll come along and sometimes something better and or cheeper!
4. If you have been bidding and still miss out, you may get a second chance if the sale doesn't go through.
5. As with the step above, always let the seller know your still interested
6. If the pictures are not clear enough, ask the seller to send you extra, they won't mind and after all, a sale is a sale. Alternately you can arrange to view the item before bidding depending on time
7. Sometimes the item isn't described in great detail, so ask the seller every question you need to to be sure your getting what you want.

If your selling something on eBay:
1. Always take more photos than needed, there's nothing worse than seeing something for sale with only one picture to go by.
2. Take nice photos of the item/items just like you would see it in a shop...dress it up a little and if selling furniture, have photos with a little decor and definitely no MESS!
3. Always include correct measurements
4. Describe your item clearly and if there's any marks or defects, make sure you take a photo and add a clear description of it, people will appreciate your honesty and you'll be covered should anyone say they weren't aware when picking up
5. Make sure you have some type of change when they come to collect their item if paying by cash

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment