Thursday 13 March 2014

Plotting along nicely



Well the turf had it's first haircut last weekend thanks to all the rain we had after it was laid...talk about great timing!

We only had to water it for a couple of days and then the gods got on our side, and watered it for the next week for us...free of charge....woohoo!

The weekend before that, hubby was away for the Clipsal 500,  and yes if you watched it on telly you would have seen him give out the 2nd place trophy (my little movie star), so in the meantime, I decided to make my very own timber floating shelves (like the clever bugga I am), to surprise him when he got back.

I made 3 all up, 1 for the front entry furniture recess, 1 for the furniture recess in the dinning room and the other one was for behind the recess in the dinning room which is our lounge room.

I also wanted to incorporate a bit of colour on the walls so I gave the 2 recesses a feature wall.
I'm still not sure how I feel about the colour and weather I should go a little lighter or not, but the more I look at it the more the colour is growing on me.

Here, take a look






before...
after

furniture recess in meals-not dressed properly, but it gives you an idea of what the shelf looks like


floating shelf in lounge room to house the T-Box and T-Hub


Comments:
M. Courtney Said - Your house looks great Michelle, must be incredible to wake up to that everyday! Your newest batch of turf has grown in nicely too!

Me -  Oh thanks Merryn, Yes it's a dream to wake up every morning now, tho I wish I had put motors on the blinds so I don't have to get out of bed to raise them for the view lol, but it's a quick jump back into bed. I think that within a couple of more weeks it should be pretty much sewn in as there's still a little gap

J. Stevens Said - Wow look at all that grass you have to mow now lol! Looks good, I love what you have done with the floating shelves too, I wouldn't know where to start...cleaver little bugger aren't you? Can you come to mine and make some up for me!

Me - Hahaha Jo, lucky Geoff is the only one who is allowed to mow the lawns lol. Ah, it really wasn't that hard to put up the floating shelves as I pretty much knew what to do from the start, and yes I'll be 'round yours as soon as I can lol.


J. Chadwick Said - I've got 3 words for you...fan-bloody-tastic! You have out shined yourself Michelle, and to think that you did those shelves all by yourself is nothing short of amazing, your a true do-it yourself kind of girl that's for sure, I hope your hubby is very proud of you. What great timing you had then for the turf, nothing worse when you have to use so much water for the first week or so to get it to take...I should know having just put ours down a little while ago and we weren't as lucky as you. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next for you best wishes.

Me - Oh shux thanks Julie, that's so nice of you to say. We couldn't believe our luck with the rain watering our turf for free...yippee! I hope you didn't lose any turf did you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment